1. Standard Management Reporting
BEE Trax now has some standard management reports available to assist with the analysis of your business. These reports can be found under the "Management" button on the Home page and includes the following:
· Marketing Report – allows agencies to access their strike rate of applications sent vs received, and corresponding potential value. This report also provides a previous 6-month historical trend of strike rate and also provides a view of the Marketing source for the selected period (based on the referrals captured on each scorecard header). This report requires a date period selection which can be anything from 1 to 365 days … just click the starting date and, while holding the mouse button down, drag to the end date.
· Workflow Report – allows both agencies and consultants to view their active workload i.e. all scorecards currently in WIP. The report provides a graphical view of the workload allocation per staff member (number and value), as well as an overall breakdown by each stage in WIP.
· Sales Report – allow agencies to view certificates issued over a selected period (number and value). This report also allows the user to input a target sales value which is highlighted on the graph. The analysis is further broken down to show sales by region in a pie-graph and also provides a view of referral values.
2. Importing Scorecards to existing ScorecardNo
As you are aware, BEE Trax provides a facility for scorecards to be imported/ exported using a secure ShareKey. Previously on importing, a new scorecard was automatically created irrespective of whether an existing scorecard had already been drafted to the Pipeline stages.
This facility has now been improved to allow the user to select whether they would like to create a new scorecard or rather import to an existing ScorecardNo. (Please note that the default setting is to import to a new scorecard)
Once the user selects to import to an existing ScorecardNo, they will also need to select whether they wish to overwrite the existing data (on each element only, not scorecard or company header information), or rather append the data to the existing data set. E.g. Append data should be used if you wish to import only EE & SD data provided by a consultancy, while leaving the data inputted on the other elements in tact.
3. Merging Scorecards (for JV's or Consolidated Group Scorecard)
BEE Trax now allows for scorecards to be merged together. This can be very helpful when providing a consolidated scorecard for Joint Ventures or large groups). To use this function simply right-click on the selected scorecard (to which you wish to add data), and select "Merge Scorecard" from the actions menu.
Once you have provide the ScorecardNo you wish to merge, click next and all elements will be appended to the selected scorecard i.e. data will be added per element. Please note that this function will not merge Company or Scorecard header information, so you will need to change this if required.
Example: If you wish to merge 2 or more branches of a large organisation into a consolidated scorecard for the group do the following steps
- Create a new company containing the group header details.
- Create a new scorecard for the financial period including all header information (size, sector etc …)
- Right-click on this new scorecard and select Merge scorecard, and provide one of the branches ScorecardNo.
- Repeat this action to append the data for other scorecards onto this selected scorecard.
The same steps are followed when creating a Joint Venture for 2 or more existing companies. (NB – first create the JV company and new scorecard as above)
4. Saving Manual Changes on Scorecard Tab
In the v2.6 update last year, we included the facility to automatically save final scores from the Scorecard tab to the database when creating certificates (or indicative scorecard reports in the case of consultancies). These final scores are loaded back to the Scorecard tab when loading a "Complete" status scorecard so as to prevent completed scores from recalculating (which is important if you have since made a calculation change to your module).
BEE Trax also allows for manual changes to be made to the Scorecard Tab by selecting the "Edit Scorecard" button (management only). These changes were however not previously saved.
We have now provided a "Save" button on the Scorecard tab which allows the manual changes to be saved to the database. These scores will be loaded to the scorecard tab only for scorecards in "Complete" status i.e. saving manual changes and re-loading a scorecard which is not in complete status will simply re-calculate as always.
While making manual changes to scorecards is to your discretion (intended for use only as a last resort when there is a scorecard query and urgent attention is required to issue a certificate), it can also be very helpful for Joint Ventures where the contributing companies/ scorecards do not exist in your database, and for which you only have total element scores. In this case you could simply create a new company and scorecard for the JV, load the blank scorecard and manually edit the scorecard tab to depict the final scores of the JV (you would need to calculate these manually). When done, force the scorecard to complete status and generate the certificate as required.
5. Client Access Provisions
We have had many requests to extend BEE Trax to your client base. We have therefore made some important user access changes to ensure that your clients only see what they are supposed to.
The client access rights has the following user restrictions:
- Access to allocated scorecards only. This is managed through your normal allocation process step by selecting the client as one of the analysts.
- Limit the items available on the actions menu – normally limited to only allow loading scorecards, and not company or scorecard header information. Can be customised to allow scorecard scenario planning for example.
- No view of your process steps on the stage menu
- No access to selected sheets – by default the Calculations tab is restricted as you possibly don't want to share your method of calculating BEE scores with your clients. This can however be customised to your choice.
Please contact us if you would like to set up any client access to your modules (Note that there is an additional charge for this extended access right)
6. Scorecard Scenario
This function was previously available for consultancies, and has now been extended to all modules. The purpose of the scorecard scenario is to provide a scenario view of the scorecard while retaining the ScorecardNo. The scenario is denoted by "-S1", "-S2" etc … after the ScorecardNo.
To use this function simply right-click on the selected scorecard and choose "Scorecard Scenario" from the actions menu. This will create an exact copy of the selected scorecard to a new scenario. You can then make changes to the scenario e.g. change scorecard to the revised codes in the Scorecard Header (tip – edit the scorecard name as well so that you can clearly identify each scenario), load the scorecard scenario and make any relevant changes. When generating reports from scenario's, the report/certificate number will contain the scenario suffix as well.